PRAY FOR ALYSSA DEAL
Our church’s own Alyssa Deal ministers with CHI ALPHA at the University of Central Arkansas. She is on campus meeting and building relationships with students so they can come to know the Lord. College is an influential time when students are deciding what they believe. Chi Alpha’s weekly worship service has over 450 college students. Alyssa has 11 student leaders that she disciples weekly.
- New freshmen with hearts open to receive the Lord
- Student leaders (180 students) to be dedicated to impacting the kingdom of God
- New communities (the sororities & fraternities) and men & women of influence to be open to message of God
- Alyssa currently has 72% of her budget and needs to have at least 80% to be on campus in August
- Prayer about joining her support team and that more people would want to be a part of reaching these college students
- That God would give her energy to get through the strenuous pace of the first few weeks on campus
Matthew 11:12 And from the time John the Baptist began preaching until now, the Kingdom of Heaven has been forcefully advancing, and violent people are attacking it. (NLT)
PRAY FOR OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN PAKISTAN
Christians in Pakistan are estimated at 2.5million, 1.6% of the total population. Under Pakistan’s notorious blasphemy laws, Christians live in fear that they will be accused of blasphemy—which can carry a penalty of death. Radical Islamists seem to be gaining more political power. Most Christians are poor and suffer from institutionalized discrimination, occupations seen as low, dirty and derogatory are officially reserved for Christians.
- Pray for converts from Muslim backgrounds who suffer persecution
- Pray for Christians accused under blasphemy laws
- Pray for the hundreds of girls and women abducted each year, then often raped and forced to marry Muslim men
- Pray for revival in Pakistan
UNREACHED PEOPLE GROUPS:
Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
GUJJAR CLAN IN PAKISTAN
Many of the Gujjar have converted to Islam. Centuries of commitment to a religion that denies the deity of Jesus is not quickly overcome. There are few if any followers of Jesus among the Gujjar community.
- Pray that the Lord will send them qualified pastors and teachers
- Pray that Scripture will be readily available to them
- Pray for more workers and for their protection
- Pray they will be drawn to Jesus